We are committed to establishing a framework and culture to help deliver policies and strategic objectives with transparency, diversity & inclusion, accountability, and integrity.
We will create and continually review governance that ensures appropriate representation by athletes, coaches and technical experts while meeting the objectives and requirements of the UCI, CIOC and COPACI.
Our objectives as they relate to governance include:
- Evaluating the composition of the board to ensure it adequately represents the national team development programs and brings an independent perspective to matters under consideration
- Ensuring implementation of and compliance with the Child Abuse Prevention Policy
- Ensuring implementation of and compliance with an anti-doping policy in line with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- Adopting policies to comply with the following policies and guidance published by the Registrar of Non-Profit Organizations:
- Complaints, Investigations, and Enforcement;
- Reporting a Complaint on a Non-Profit Organization;
- Risk Management;
- Addressing the Risk of Targeted Financial Sanctions;
- General Guidance and Best Practices;
- Dissolution of Non-Profit Organizations;
- Best Practices to Prevent a Non-Profit Organization from Being Abused for Terrorist Purposes
The Cayman Islands Cycling Association (“Cayman Cycling”) is the governing body for cycling in the Cayman Islands and is run by a small volunteer Board of Directors who work together to promote, support and develop our sport in the Cayman Islands.
Cayman Cycling was recognized as a Not-for-Profit organisation (NPO) under Section 80 of the Cayman Islands Companies Law, effective July 2018.
Cayman Cycling is recognised by the Cayman Islands Government through the Ministry of Youth, Sports, Culture & Heritage as the national governing body of cycling responsible for the development, facilitation and growth of all disciplines of cycling. We are a member federation within the Cayman Islands Olympic Committee (CIOC) which provides leadership for Olympic sports in the Cayman Islands.
Cayman Cycling holds affiliate memberships with:
- Caribbean Cycling Federation (CCF)
- Pan American Cycling Confederation (COPACI)
- Union Cycliste Internationale (“UCI”)
These affiliations allow cyclists from the Cayman Islands to compete in CCF, COPACI & UCI sanctioned international and continental events, including:
- Caribbean Cycling Championships
- Pan American Cycling Championships
- Central American and Caribbean Games
- Pan American Games
- Commonwealth Games
- World Championships
- Olympic Games